smilingrid: cupcakes for two

June 08, 2013

cupcakes for two

Yesterday, my parents got tickets to this Bruins game but it was so last minute that I couldn't get off of work to go with them. That, along with the pouring rain, put me a bit in the dumps.

When I got home, I decided some sweets were in order after changing out of my sopping clothes. However, knowing that my mom doesn't like to have desserts hanging around, I went digging for a recipe I'd found a while ago: Cupcakes for Two!


I set to baking while "What a Girl Wants" and "Legally Blonde" played in the background. By the time I took the first bite, I was feeling borderline giddy!


The cakes are made by mixing 1 egg white, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1/4 cup of flour, 1/4 of a heaped teaspoon of baking powder, a pinch of salt, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of milk. I baked mine at 400° Fahrenheit until they were nicely golden (I've told you my oven is wonky, right?)




before...


and after!



While I waited for them to cool, I whipped up a downsized version of this Magnolia Bakery taste-alike! 



I might not have waited long enough for them to cool... whoops!


They are super tasty and easy to make! Hope that if you try either of these recipes they turn out as well for you as they did for me!

No comments

Post a Comment

Javascript