smilingrid: we're all mad here

August 01, 2013

we're all mad here

As I've mentioned before, I'm a pretty big nerd.

Just in case you were wondering, my favorite quotation about nerd-dom is from one of my favorite authors:


Doesn't he just have a way with words? 
Other pinterest-ised quotes here!

Anywho. Add my enthusiasm about, you know, life to my love of tea and you get an Adagio tea party with my best (and similarly nerdy) friend, Lisa!


She received a T.A.R.D.I.S mug for her birthday this year and since she's the one I started watching Dr. Who with, the crazy british show seemed like a good theme for our tea party!








Lisa decided on the River Song inspired tea while I chose my favorite Doctor, the ninth to play the role and the first face of the new series.

As I said earlier this week, our plan was to have some sugar cookies with our tea! If you want the recipe for the cookies, you can find it here.

I used this frosting before, here! It's good enough for a repeat!

Magnolia Bakery Frosting
(half sized)
1 stick of butter
3 to 4 cups of confectioner's sugar
1/4 of a cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla

1. Add the butter, 3 of the cups of confectioners sugar, the milk, and the vanilla to your electronic mixer.





2. Mix on a medium speed for 3 to 5 minutes, gradually adding up to a cup more of confectioner's sugar until it is exactly the way you want it! 


can you feel the love?

I couldn't help but steal a spoon! It's too good!

 3. Add any food coloring and set to frosting and/or decorating!









We set Rose with her Doctor (both of him) and a big old heart to show the world their luuurve!


We tried to cut the "Amy" cookie to give her a mini skirt but accidentally broke her into pieces... Sorry, love!

Of course we had to put Eleven (who is a little burnt) with his beloved Ponds!

...And give him a fez. Fezzes are cool.




om nom nom

No comments

Post a Comment

Javascript