smilingrid: BB band wagon

September 16, 2013

BB band wagon

BB Creams have become a go-to product for everyone and their mother (no, seriously, they are advertised to both groups!) so I thought I'd give a little review of the ones I've tried!

These are all very easy to find- your local drug store or Target should have them in stock!
The Aveeno version is the thickest of the three. It is easily switched from open to locked- no mess! Big plus! I really like this one since it is easy to apply and feels moisturizing, but I wish it felt less like sunscreen.


The Pond's one might be the winner for me, as it is a nice middle ground between the other two! It's less thick than the Aveeno but not quite as liquid as the Garnier. Plus the packaging is kind of adorable- I love me some metallic pink!



You might remember that I included the Garnier BB Cream in this post, based on it's packaging. While I do like how light it feels on my skin, I cannot claim that it is worth its weight in gold. As you can see in the above pictures, the packaging is messy. The product itself is so thin and liquid-y that it ends up everywhere! Not a fan.
I am a fan of how specified their BB Creams are, though! I got one for "combination to oily" skin types for hot summer days. It worked very well at minimizing shininess, and I've only heard good things about the other "as advertised" types!

Trying to "swatch" here!
Without blending.


Minimal blending.

Just my arms, up close and personal!


Overall, there are things I like about each product. They all do as advertised and even skin tone, protect against harmful rays, and provide a light coverage. Obviously choosing any makeup is dependent on your skin type and tone, but I think this fad lives up to the hype- there really is a BB Cream option for everyone out there!

Have you tried any BB Creams? Let me know- especially if you swear by any that I haven't listed here!

No comments

Post a Comment

Javascript